We are looking for an objective Internal auditor to add value and improve auditing projects. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement.
- Determining internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Examining company accounts and financial control systems
- Verifying assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Obtaining, analyzing and evaluating accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Checking that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable
- Ensuring that assets are safeguarded
- Identifying if and where processes are not working as they should and advising on changes to be made
- Liaising with managerial staff and presenting findings and recommendations
- Ensuring procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with
- Undertaking reviews of wages.
- Preparing and presenting reports that reflect audit’s results
- Identifying loopholes and recommending risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Ensuring compliance with established internal control procedures
- Supporting external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
• Bachelor degree in Auditing / Accounting
• CIA is a plus
• Proven experience in internal auditing
• Proven knowledge of accounting & auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
• Self-motivation, determination and confidence
• Meticulous attention to detail
• A strong aptitude for math
• Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
• Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
• Experience in data analysis and financial reporting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sound judgement and decision-making ability
• Strong organizational skills