The Manager of Marketing and Operations is in charge of the entire marketing operations. He/She oversees the execution of functions of all operational aspects of marketing initiatives of the business. The Manager of Marketing and Operations also manages the performance and optimization of the marketing department’s effectiveness in order to guide the business’s commercial efforts.
The Manager of Marketing and Operations focuses on the continuous improvement and ongoing success of all marketing programs. The Manager of Marketing Operations understands best practices across the business-marketing industry and spearheads consistent updating of marketing operations programs and the marketing department personnel as well.
• Maintains marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains customer response operations by establishing work schedules; assigning employees; providing back-up.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing standards; training representatives; monitoring calls; surveying customers; evaluating outcomes.
• Resolves customer problems by training telemarketing service representatives; maintaining reference manuals and dialogue guides; providing information; answering questions.
• Maintains work process flows by coordinating information and requirements with related operational departments; participating with and providing resources to business improvement teams.
• Keeps management informed by preparing reports; making presentations; interpreting information; making recommendations.
• Maintains equipment by coordinating requirements with telecommunications and information services departments; examining state-of-the-art technology; recommending upgrades; controlling installations.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Marketing. Masters is a plus
• 10+ years of experience
• Experience in Supervision, Market Knowledge, Subordinate Involvement, Planning, Quality Focus, Resolving Conflict, Customer Service, Managing Processes, Presentation Skills, Technical Understanding, Financial Planning and Strategy
• Ability to travel