A cashier handles all customers’ payments (cash, credit cards, checks). He is responsible for the proper and efficient operation of his shift, within company policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure high level of customer service by greeting customers, assisting them, and applying company’s customer service standards.
• Responsible for accurate recording of sales/items while on duty.
• Compute or re-compute bill, using the cash register to ensure accuracy of record.
• Make change, process credit cards and issue receipts or tickets to customers.
• Prepare a shift-change report at the completion of shift in accordance with company guidelines.
• Follow company policy with regard to excessive cash in the cash register and safe as directed by the Store Manager.
• Ensure Store Manager is made aware of all sales, cash, or operating discrepancies.
• Work in a SAFE manner at all times and report all accidents immediately.
• Take over the responsibility of receiving and sending merchandise (deliveries) with accuracy.
• Ask for “Rewards Card” and offer to enroll customers in Loyalty program.
• Assist customers in updating their info using iPads in store & encourage them to install GS App.