For a new hospital in Iraq:
Job Title: Oncologist
Job Location: Iraq
Job Brief: The hospital is looking for professional oncologists to join its oncology team. An Oncologist studies cancer and provides medical treatment for people diagnosed with cancer. The Oncologist will manage a patient's care throughout the course of the disease, from diagnosis to recovery or death.
• Working with patients to explain a diagnosis and stage of cancer, discuss treatment options, and assist in managing the side effects and symptoms of cancer and its treatment.
• Leading a cancer treatment team of various healthcare professionals.
• Coordinating treatment plans and prescribing various types of treatment, including chemotherapy and immunotherapy.
• Treating patients with radiation therapy.
• Assisting patients with pain management.
• Performing surgical operations to remove tumors and determine whether cancer has spread from the original starting point.
• Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing cancer information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
• A Medical degree in Oncology and the successful completion of a residency and fellowship in Oncology.
• A license and certification to practice Oncology.
• A caring and compassionate nature when dealing with patients.
• A thorough and up-to-date working knowledge of cancers and cancer treatment options.
• Technical skills to operate medical equipment and tools related to cancer treatment.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.