For a new hospital in Iraq:
Job Title: Resident Physician
Job Location: Iraq
Job Brief: The hospital is looking for professional and experienced Resident Physicians to join its team.
• Participate in the clinical evaluation and care of patients in a variety of patient care settings with sufficient frequency to achieve the competencies required by their discipline under the supervision of the attending staff. Residents may write orders and progress notes in patient charts, although attending physicians retain responsibility for the care of patients seen by residents and must review the care of their patients.
• Perform procedures, which are specified by each program director, under the direct supervision of attending physician. Resident may only perform those procedures for which the attending physician has privileges. Once the resident has performed the appropriate number of procedures in a competent fashion the program director will provide notification that the resident is eligible to be certified to perform the procedure without direct supervision.
• Assume progressive responsibility for patient care activities according to resident's level of education, ability and experience. The program director and the attending staff will determine the resident's level of responsibility and autonomy.
• Communicate effectively with their supervising attending regarding the findings of their evaluation, physical examination, interpretation of diagnostic tests, and intended interventions on a continuous basis.
• Participate fully in the educational activities of the program and, as required, assume responsibility for teaching and supervising other residents and students.
• Participate in appropriate institutional committees and councils whose actions affect their education and/or patient care including, but not limited to quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
• Graduate from a certified medical school
• Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
• Ability to make quick decisions in a highly stressful environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Willingness to be on call for several days in a row