Location: Verdun, Beirut
To ensure success, junior auditors should be detail oriented, critical thinkers, accurate with a solid understanding of fixed assets management. Top candidates will have outstanding report writing skills with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the fixed assets tracking system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets.
- Ensure the cashier processes are being followed in the stores.
- Generate transactions reports and review them for any discrepancies in credit payments, discounts, conversion rates.
- Ensure the return policies are being followed and the return process and transactions are accurate.
- Check daily deposits and gift card purchases and generate reports.
- Follow up on all voided items, suspended and voided transactions, and price changes and investigate any discrepancies.
- Generate and review RFID reports, ensure the RFID processes are being followed properly, and investigate any errors.
- Generate and review Negative Sales reports and investigate any instances.
- Make sure cashier are collecting accurate customers phone numbers.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related (essential).
- 1 year of accounting work experience (essential).
- Experience in fixed assets management (preferable).
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with a good proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report writing, communication and IT skills.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages